Sep 1, 2012; Arlington, TX, USA; Alabama Crimson Tide running back Jalston Fowler (45) murders two more defenders during the fourth quarter of the game against the MIchigan Wolverines at Cowboys Stadium. Alabama beat Michigan 41-14. Mandatory Credit: Tim Heitman-US PRESSWIRE
This will usually happen on Monday, but everything's a day later this week because of the Virginia Tech-Georgia Tech game last night. Here's a first draft of our BlogPoll ballot for this week, waiting for your input.
Some comments about these rankings:
- Look, Alabama beat the tar out of Michigan. But the Wolverines were flawed, missing their running back, and not playing to their strengths. I'm not going to automatically make the Tide #1 when USC also efficiently took care of business.
- I punished teams that coasted or struggled with their opponents more than they should have. That means you, Oklahoma. And South Carolina. And especially you, Wisconsin. That's also how Stanford fell out of the poll.
- I rewarded teams that did what they needed to do, or who beat worthy competition last weekend. That means you, Florida State. And Clemson. And Louisville. And the two new teams in the poll, Washington and Notre Dame.
- Texas State is going to get some token votes for their big upset at Houston, but seriously you guys, they're not a top 25 team.
- Still pretty much guessing and projecting here. Once we get to about mid-October, I'll abruptly change to the resume method of voting, which I cribbed from Matt Hinton.
What do you all think? Am I just being a hater, PAWWWWWWWL?