(DISCLAIMER: These picks are for entertainment purposes only. No actual wagering is being performed.)
Watching college football in the Pacific Time Zone is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend it. Not only do the games end at a reasonable hour, but your bar (or sportsbook, in my case) is much more likely to carry the PAC-12 Network so you can watch a bunch of people's bets and parlays go down in flames when RichRod runs up 59 points against Oklahoma State's so-called defense.
Other people's parlays, of course. Not yours, because you've already won more fake money and extended your lead.
Here are the standings after two weeks -- if you want to see the entire pick-by-pick results, here they are too.
- Jamie DeVriend, Voodoo Five: $1,271.67
- Chris Lane, VU Hoops: $1,086.37
- the great gunsby, loyal reader: $1,004.69
- Scott, Bearcats Blog: $988.64
- Kevin Meacham, The UConn Blog: $976.80
- Mike Nascarella, Voodoo Five/The Bull Rush: $942.45
- Collin Sherwin, Voodoo Five: $940.91
- GarySJ, Voodoo Five: $895.45
- John Lamb, Owlsblog: $888.63
- ULismyhothotsex, Card Chronicle: $857.00
- Andrew Porter, The UConn Blog: $812.50
- WVUIE97, The Smoking Musket: $792.81
BEST BET: There's something to be said for claiming free fake money (like Cincinnati hammering Pittsburgh, or K-State nuking Miami), but I really liked Chris's pick of UCLA over Nebraska. Kevin going big on Purdue covering at Notre Dame was also good. Can't decide between the two so they both win here.
WORST BET: Andrew had a couple of doozies, but probably the worst was that Instead of taking the free Cincinnati fake money, he parlayed it with the over-under and got stoned. Honorable mention to anyone who's already rolling the dice with giant parlays. It's only September, you all.
MOST DEGENERATE BET: A couple of Scott's bets were pretty degenerate. Picking Indiana just because he'd never seen them as 14-point favorites was only topped by the return of his "Memphis bet of the week" where Arkansas State was giving 23 points(!). Sorry Mike, when you flat-out tell me you're gunning for this award, I'll find someone else to give it to.