USF basketball. Accept no substitutes.
Wednesday night's game is on TruTV. If the channel is not in your local cable package, the games can be watched online for free, but there are a couple extra steps:
- Go to http://ncaa.trutv.com
- Click Log In button at top right.
- Select your cable provider. Cox and Comcast have big shiny buttons; for others, such as Bright House, click "My Service Provider Is Not Listed."
- You will be prompted to log into your cable provider's website. If you have a login, such as to pay bills online or check webmail, use that. If you don't, go through your cable provider's website to set it up.
- Once your login with a cable company is confirmed, the live video will play.
This might take you an extra few minutes, so use the Lamar-Vermont game, or the BYU-Iona game on Tuesday, to make sure you can get the feed to work.
I'm not sure if all cable providers participate, but I can confirm that Cox works. (Caught the end of the Western Kentucky game, too. Painful.) Those of you with other cable companies, please share any tips in the comments.
(ETA: TampaBay.com says:
In the Tampa Bay area, truTV can be found on most cable systems and satellite providers: Bright House Ch. 55; Knology Ch. 73; Verizon Ch. 183; DirecTV Ch. 246; Dish Ch. 204.