1) Big hello to the USF / Manchester England fan base that we got started tonight in Sect 239!
2) There was talk about how much Notre Dame paid out USF for their game last week. Which was, by the by, totally worth it. But how much did we pay Ball State to come to Tampa for their scheduled drubbing?
3) Best game opening ever in Bulls history? Eight seconds for a kickoff turnover and a touchdown. Last year the home opener had a score within 10 seconds. Eight seconds, that's gotta be a record.
4) Player of the game: QB Daniels racked up over 350 yards passing, and despite that huge downfield INT he was pretty sharp all evening long.
5) Weird thing about Ball State: they kept throwing it short all night. Really did not see them make a lot of attempts down the field. Further I think they threw was 10 yards, leaving it up to their WRs to find some wriggle room for YAC. Once the Bulls moved up the corners and played aggressive, their passing game went nowhere. That touchdown they got in the Fourth Quarter came more from their running game and from the Bulls relaxing their D once the game was pretty much wrapped up.
6) Seriously, we need to bring back our rivalry games with Western Kentucky.
7) Meanwhile, Michigan just scored in the last minute against Notre Dame to send the Irish down 0-2. Kinda weakens the value of our win last week. Dammit, Notre Dame, you better end up with an over .500 season by December...!
8) Also wik: The Rays win in extra innings. Totally needed it on the playoff push. Keep winning, Rays!
9) A lot of people wearing "63" stickers in the stands...
10) Next week: FAMU. Should we expect a huge Rattler turnout from Tall Hassle?