Good Tuesday morning V5ers! Hopefully you've gotten over Jeremiah Warren getting screwed out of the Big East LobsterFest record because SOMEONE forgot to buy enough lobsters. #FIREMARINATTO
1. We wanted to start off by wishing former USF WR Dontavia Bogan a quick and speedy recovery after he was diagnosed with a torn ACL yesterday. Bogan deserves a shot to prove himself in the NFL, and it's terrible to see his first chance to do that end after only three days of practice.
2. Not one but two profiles of Quenton Washington today -- one by the St. Petersburg Times' Greg Auman, and another by Craig Handler of the Naples News-Press. Both do an excellent job of talking about Washington's transformation into a team leader over the past year.
3. Coming off their best season in school history, Denise Schilte-Brown and the USF women's soccer team have announced their 2011 schedule. Among the games at the new Corbett Soccer Stadium is a nationally-televised match against Notre Dame on September 22. If you won't be there with your
road flares and firecrackers green and gold, you'll be able to watch on Fox Soccer Channel.
4. Former USF LB Tyrone McKenzie has been lining up with the Bucs' first-team defense at camp, and hasn't missed a beat yet. Good luck T-Mac!
5. Finally, please welcome Josh and Corey over at Bulls247.com, which came online yesterday. They have a nice deal going for people who have an active Scout or Rivals subscription.