CHARLOTTE NC - DECEMBER 31: Dontavia Bogan #81 of the USF Bulls celebrates after scoring a touchdown with teammate Joel Miller #25 during their game against the Clemson Tigers at Bank of America Stadium on December 31 2010 in Charlotte North Carolina. (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)
Good Morning V5ers! The football team took yesterday off, so it's time to catch up on some other things. On to the links!
1. First off, lets welcome WYKE 104.3 FM in Inglis as the newest radio affiliate for USF Football. They will be broadcasting the dulcet tones of Jim Louk for all our friends in Alachua and Marion Counties this season.
2. Sports Illustrated has some good stuff up this week. First is their All-Big East Conference team, which has Jeremiah Warren, Chaz Hine, DeDe Lattimore, and Lindsey Lamar making the first team. Cory McCartney has USF finishing third in the conference with a very respectable 9-3 record. Also has USF with one of the more important non-conference games in the Big East in Notre Dame, and two conference games to watch in the Big East opener against Pitt and the home game vs. Cincinnati.
3. Well, this might be a message to Bradley Battles and Marcus Shaw. After the scrimmage Saturday, Coach Holtz said he's looking into moving some receivers to running back to provide some depth at the position. Greg Auman mentioned Joel Miller, Lindsey Lamar, and Victor Marc as options for the move -- all of them have running back experience. Greg also has a nice story on B.J. Daniels and how he's taken the momentum from the Clemson game into the offseason and now fall camp.
4. Greg also has news that incoming freshman Jordan Omogbehin might have to move to a prep school this season after not meeting the necessary test scores for eligibility. Auman adds that our compliance ninjas are appealing the decision, but Jordan might have to wait a season before playing for the Bulls. I don't know how much playing time Jordan would have received this season, but being in the system for a year would have been huge for his development.
5. This is not good for Miami at all.
6. If you're looking for anything on expansion, head on over to Team Speed Kills, SB Nation's SEC blog. They have been on top of everything Texas A&M related, and it's been a great resource over the last week. We've decided not to say anything until we know what is official and we can see how it might affect USF.