Good Tuesday morning V5ers! We hope you guys don't have too big of a hangover and you still have all your fingers and toes. On to the links!
1. Coach Claire Lessinger and the volleyball team (aka Toro's Favorite Team) has announced their 2011 schedule. They open the season in New Mexico before hosting the USF Invitational starting September 2. (Although the Sun Dome is under renovation, The Corral is still open for games this fall.) By the way, the annual "WTF Game" because the Big East tournament is so early on the season calendar is at Florida A&M on November 19.
2. The Bull Rush continues their countdown of the top 10 plays from the 2010 season. Today's play is #9 on the countdown. Interesting selection, if we don't say so ourselves.
3. Congrats to current women's soccer player Chelsea Klotz, who was named the Women's Premier Soccer League co-player of the week. (Chelsea plays on an amateur team, if anyone from the NCAA is reading this.) Jarrett Guthrie has more information about her two-goal effort last week.
4. ESPN's Andrea Adelson named the December 1 USF-West Virginia game one of her two impact games in the Big East this season. Adelson chose the Backyard Brawl (West VIrginia vs. Pittsburgh) a week earlier as the other one.
5. Meanwhile at Adelson's old outlet and everyone's favorite newspaper in the world, the Orlando Sentinel, Matt Murschel writes their capsule for USF, and ranked the Bulls 45th in the country and fourth in the Big East, behind West Virginia and we assume Pittsburgh and someone else -- it's not like we're actually going to read it. That's around 10-20 spots too low in our estimation. Did any of them used to write for College Football News?