With the Sun Dome under renovation, the Bulls will shuttle between the Bob Martinez Sports Center on the University of Tampa's campus, the St. Pete Times Forum, and the Lakeland Center for their home games. Also included is a trip to Connecticut for the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame Tournament and games against Old Dominion and either Penn State or Kentucky. On top of that, there are road games at VCU, Kansas, and Southern Miss... not to mention Auburn, who can't possibly be as bad as they were last year.
There are some sneaky good mid-majors here, and the schedule is tougher than it looks, but let's be honest. This is not what USF needs next year. The Bulls are going to have at least three new starters and they could use a few speed bumps to feel things out. Instead, they get to dive right into tough competition. They won't even play their two exhibition games in their own building. The one against Florida Southern is at the Lakeland Center, not far from FSC's campus. And assuming that game against Tampa is still going to happen on November 5, that's on the Spartans' home floor.
Combine all this with the always-brutal Big East schedule, and this coming season could be every bit as bad as last year. Maybe even worse. Get ready.
- Sat, Nov 12 Vermont (at University of Tampa), 7:00 p.m.
- Mon, Nov 14 Marist (at St. Pete Times Forum), 7:00 p.m.
- Wed, Nov 16 Florida Southern (at Lakeland Center), 7:00 p.m.
- Sat, Nov 19 Old Dominion (at Mohegan Sun, Uncasville, CT - Naismith Memorial HOF Tournament), 2:00 p.m.
- Sun, Nov 20 Kentucky or Penn State (at Mohegan Sun, Uncasville, CT - Naismith Memorial HOF Tournament), time TBA
- Wed, Nov 23 Georgia Southern (at St. Pete Times Forum), 7:00 p.m.
- Sat, Nov 26 Florida Atlantic University (at University of Tampa), 7:00 p.m.
- Wed, Nov 30 at VCU, time TBA
- Sat, Dec 03 at Kansas, time TBA
- Sun, Dec 11 Florida A&M (at University of Tampa), 2:00 p.m.
- Thu, Dec 15 at Auburn, time TBA
- Mon, Dec 19 Cleveland State (at St. Pete Times Forum), 7:00 p.m.
- Thu, Dec 22 at Southern Miss, time TBA