CHESTER, PA - JUNE 27: A general view of PPL Park is seen as the Philadelphia Union play the Seattle Sounders FC at the PPL Park stadium opener on June 27, 2010 in Chester, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Jeff Zelevansky/Getty Images)
Happy Friday morning V5ers! We hope you are having a better morning than everyone trying to keep up with the NBA Draft going plaid with all the trades. On to the links!
1. Only 5 secondary violations for ALL USF sports this past season? I'll take that. Greg Auman of the St. Pete Times has all the details for you. With all of the crazy things happening at UNC, OSU, Boise State, and Oregon, its nice to not have the NCAA knocking on your door.
2. Adam Adkins of the Tampa Tribune checked in with various USF baseball players participating in various summer baseball leagues. Click the link for the team names alone.
3. The Big East Coast Bias has some information on Rutgers selling the naming rights to their football stadium to High Point Solutions. With other rumored options out there, I think RU did well here. Can't wait for USF to announce the newly named
Outback Yuengling Hooters Beef O' Bradys magicJack 1-800-ASK-KOBE Dome. Gonna be awesome.
4. Women's soccer player Catherine Leibbrandt is doing some great work during her summer break. Leibbrandt is working with Level Playing Field in Bolivia to teach soccer and English to girls for three weeks. She set up a blog if you want to check in on her.
5. Oh hey Villanova is playing football at PPL Park. Not a permanent deal, but its a start. The Nova Blog has more for you.