The Shambolic Jim Burr has a nice ring to it. (Photo by Tom Pennington/Getty Images)
Here are the five links to get you through your Friday morning.
1. With Anthony Crater's dismissal, incoming PG Blake Nash has been tapped to shoulder the load at the point. Greg Auman of the St. Petersburg Times was able to get ahold of Nash after the Crater dismissal, and he is preparing to come to Tampa for the Summer B session.
2. The Big East/SEC Basketball Challenge pairings were announced on Thursday, and USF was not selected as one of the 12 teams to participate in this event. Why not? The Bulls have a date with the Auburn Tigers already scheduled, and there's a chance they could face the Kentucky Wildcats in the Basketball Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tournament. Also, the Challenge takes place between December 1-3, and USF already lined up a game with the Kansas Jayhawks for December 3. (The other three Big East teams not participating are Marquette -- who already has a couple SEC games on their schedule, too -- Notre Dame, and Villanova.)
3. Before his possible last series this weekend, Adam Adkins of the Tampa Tribune put together a nice profile on Bulls 3B Jonathan Koscso. Koscso is off to better things after this season after being accepted to the USF Medical School. We wish the future Dr. Koscso the best of luck at medical school.
4. Five USF softball players made their way on to the NFCA Mideast Region team, including four first-teamers: Sara Nevins, Stephanie Medina, Janine Richardson, and Gina Kalafas. Giggling at Ken Eriksen using the word "non-successes" in his statement.
5. With Crater gone, someone needs to have "shambolic" next to their name. Thankfully the guys at Anonymous Eagle want to put that moniker with everyone's favorite referee, Jim Burr. Just make sure NOT to vote for shambolic. Any of the other suggestions are fair game.