Before we get into practice, we just wanted to wish the seniors good luck at their Pro Day workout today at the practice facility. For a lot of the guys, it will be the only time they will have a chance to show off what they can do, so we wish them the best and hope they impress a scout or two.
- Skip Holtz and the football team were back out on the field yesterday with a special guest. Oregon head coach Chip Kelly stopped by to check in and see how practice was going here in Tampa. Greg Auman said Kelly was at Miami earlier this week, and decided to stop by after visiting Jon Gruden earlier in the day.
- RB Marcus Shaw injured his thumb during practice, and Shaw will see a specialist to see the extent of the damage Thursday according to Adam Adkins. With Shaw and Bradley Battles (knee) unable to go, it leaves the Bulls thin at RB with Darrell Scott, Dontae Aycock, and Demetris Murray as the only scholarship RBs able to practice. Even if damage is minimal, I wouldn't expect to see Shaw for Saturday's scrimmage.
- Tampa Jefferson and future USF WR Andre Davis stopped by practice today, and Greg tweeted that Andre will most likely play as a true freshman next year. We all know things can change between now and the fall, but I wouldn't be against it.
- USFNation.com has another free photo gallery up for you.
- GoUSFBulls.com has the post-practice recap from OL Coach Steve Shankweiler, and they were able to get some short interviews with Scott, Aycock, Victor Marc, and Sterling Griffin.
- We have a new defensive graduate assistant in Byron Thomas, and Greg has a nice story on how he made it to Tampa after spending last year at South Dakota as the Coyotes' defensive backs coach. Coach Thomas seems to have a bright future, and his highlight tape that GA posted was very impressive to watch. Welcome to Tampa, Byron.