We hope you guys had a great New Year's. Let's get to the links:
- We'd like to wish strength and conditioning coach Ronnie McKeefery all the best, as he is leaving USF to be a human performance coordinator with the U.S. Army Special Forces. He did a great job over the past decade, and if his time at USF is any indication, the Army will be in a much better place with him on staff.
- USF's streak of getting ACC coaches fired ended at two, but we did axe half of coach Dabo Swinney's staff. This is a desperation move to give himself another year at the helm. Ron Zook did the exact same thing last season, and the Illini's 6-6 year somehow justified him keeping his job.
But remember ACC teams, if you have a coach that's on the hot seat, feel free to schedule USF and we will do all of the hard work for you.
- Who doesn't like a USF trophy celebration?
USF coach Skip Holtz accepts Meineke Car Care Bowl trophy (via wwwtampabaycom)
- Over at Shakin' the Southland, FIGUREFOUR and Dr. B talk about the game, and how it was just a microcosm of the season as a whole. Fantastic work from them as usual, and the Dabo as Forrest Gump pic just puts it over the top.
- USF closed the history of another storied bowl game, as the Meineke Car Care Bowl will be renamed the Belk Bowl starting next season. After seeing TCU's frog helmet decal hold a rose in its mouth Saturday, it's only a matter of time before we see the frog with a coat hanger in it's mouth when they make the trip to Charlotte.
- I wonder if Randy Edsall was 100% committed to the game when he knew he was heading to Maryland the next day. The UConn Blog knew that Randy was going to go eventually, but they weren't happy about the way it went down. I'd joke about Ron Prince, but seriously guys, Mike Leach is out there. Hire him.
- Now to the other coaching vacancy in the Big East. I wasn't 100% confident in Mike Haywood taking over the program, but from what everyone said about the guy he would bring discipline and accountability to the program. Then the domestic violence charges come out, and Pitt now has to start all over again. In the words of Toro,
"This is why you do background checks."
Let's hope they get it right this time. We only need one dumb coach in the Big East, and Butch Jones has that on lockdown right now.