With the baseball team down to their last outs, it's getting about that time chaps. There were some things that we didn't get to this week worth mentioning here.
- First off we have some news regarding the Jim Leavitt lawsuit. According to Greg Auman, attorneys for Leavitt have a court date on June 9, in which they will try to have the documents in the investigation become public record. President Judy Genshaft and AD Doug Woolard have been served, and will attend the hearing. Auman also stated that The Jim might testify at the hearing as well. I'm sure this will all end smoothly.
- Reggie Rankin of Scout ranked the basketball recruiting classes of the Big East this year, and he gave the Bulls a solid B, which beat out teams like West Virginia, Seton Hall, and Notre Dame. Compared to some of the classes that we've had in the past, I will gladly take it.
- Scott Carter has Athlon Magazine's bowl predictions, and they have the Bulls going to the great city of Detroit for the Little Caesar's Bowl. I like their $5 Hot n Ready pizzas when I'm in a pinch, but Detroit in December is one of the last places I want to go.
- Your USF related YouTube of the Week
I still don't know how that put back didn't go in. (via BullsVision)
- Brian Bennett has some more unit rankings for us this week, putting the linebackers in as the 6th ranked unit in the Big East due to a lack of experience, and he has the D-Line pegged in at number 4. I know these are just pre-season rankings, but they don't ease concerns going into the year next season.
- Both Greg and Scott reported that UCF coach George O'Leary spoke with Skip about restarting the football series, and Coach Holtz told O'Leary he wouldn't be opposed to playing each other and has told Woolard the same. Skip did say Woolard has the final say in scheduling, but I'm interested to see if there is any progress in this.
- Eniel Polynice update. Jeff Goodman spoke with the Ole Miss guard, and said his possible destinations are Rice, DePaul, USF, and Houston. I'm sure if Heath wants him here, Polynice will be wearing green and gold next season.